Skip to content


Title Description Department Internal Webpage URL External URL File
My Voter Page

Check your voting status here!


My Voter Page
Track absentee ballot
View a sample ballot


External website about the My Voter Page. Opens in a new tab.
Monthly Financial Reports Finance

Download audiobooks and ebooks for your computer, e-reader, portable media player, or tablet.

External website about the MontanaLibrary2Go. Opens in a new tab.
Montana Disabled Veteran Assistance Program

The Montana Disabled Veterans (MDV) Assistance Program helps disabled veterans or their unmarried surviving spouse by reducing the property tax rate on their home. The veteran must have 100% disability from an injury related to service.

External website about the Montana Disabled Veteran Assistance Program. Opens in a new tab.
Montana Asthma Program

The Montana Asthma Program (MAP) provides free services to help children, adults, and their families learn how to better manage asthma in their daily lives.

Community Health
Web page about the Montana Asthma Program.
Microchip Identification

FCAS offers microchip identification for all dogs and cats of Flathead County at a low cost of $25.00. Microchipping is a safe and secure way to identify ownership and help get lost pets home.

Animal Shelter
Medicare Benefits Counseling & Assistance

State Health Insurance Program (SHIP)
Assistance with Medicare/Medicaid and supplemental insurance. We help with finding the best Part D (prescription) plan to meet your needs.

Senior Medicare Patrol (SMP)
This is a project that recruits volunteers to learn about the Medicare system and teaches beneficiaries how to read their insurance statements. This program is meant to help fight fraud, waste, and abuse in the insurance field.

Agency on Aging
Web page about the Medicare Benefits Counseling & Assistance.
Meals on Wheels

This is a service that provides the homebound (persons unable to leave their home without assistance) with hot, nutritious noon meals delivered by volunteers Monday through Friday. Special diets such as diabetic, low cholesterol or other special needs may be accommodated.

Please call for reservations: 406-758-5711

Agency on Aging
Web page about the Meals on Wheels.
Marriage License

All persons applying for a Montana marriage license must be in a position to provide proof of age - such as a valid driver's license or birth certificate - and must be single persons. This office does not require copies of dissolution papers, however, since the sworn application regarding your status as a single person is sufficient.

Clerk of Court
Web page about the Marriage License.
Map Request

Use this form to request a custom map from the Flathead County GIS Department. Any request for public records must be made in writing per Flathead County Resolution 2414.

External website about the Map Request. Opens in a new tab.
File about the Map Request. Opens in a new tab.
Local Emergency Planning Committee
  1. To obtain and provide the general public with information mandated under EPCRA and SARA Title III.
  2. To develop a hazardous materials emergency response plan.
  3. To work as a partner with business and industry to improve participation in mandatory Tier II Chemical annual reporting and promote maximum utilization of Material Safety Data Sheets.
Emergency Management
Web page about the Local Emergency Planning Committee.
Liquor License

Establishments must register with the State of Montana first at (406) 444-6900. Fee is based on the determination of the State and is paid to both the State and the County.

Legal Assistance

Information on powers of attorney, living wills, reverse mortgage loans, etc. Agency on Aging works with a local attorney to offer 30-minute (Pro bono, Free) counseling sessions. For more information please call the Agency on Aging office.

Agency on Aging
Land Value Property Tax Assistance

Residential property owners whose land value is disproportionately higher than the value of their home and other improvements (outbuildings) location on their land may apply for tax assistance. The assistance benefit applies to the portion of the property owner's land value that is in excess of 150 percent of the department's appraised market value of the home and other improvements located on the land.

Submit this form, including all supporting documentation to your local Department of Revenue field office by March 1st.

External website about the Land Value Property Tax Assistance. Opens in a new tab.
Jail Roster Sheriff’s Office
External website about the Jail Roster. Opens in a new tab.
Itinerant Vendor

Issued to persons going door-to-door or business-to-business selling their wares, within the County.

  • Cost: $25 every 90 days
Interactive Mapping Application (IMA)

Flathead County's premier source for land record information.  Search property details, view district boundaries, link to appraisal information, and download surveys of record.

External website about the Interactive Mapping Application (IMA). Opens in a new tab.
Infection Treatments
  • Urinary tract infection (UTI)
  • Bacterial vaginosis (BV)
  • Yeast infection
Family Planning
Indigent Burial

A completed application must be received at the Commissioners' Office prior to burial or cremation and must meet indigent criteria. 

The deceased must be a resident of Flathead County.

Please contact the Commissioners' Office (phone: 758-5503) or contact the funeral home for an indigent burial application. When submitting an application you must also submit the statement cost from the funeral home.

We do not pay for funeral services, graveside services, memorial services, embalming, transportation of remains, caskets, urns, etc.  There is a flat fee paid for either cremation or burial.  Please contact the Commissioners' Office to obtain the fee information. 

Commissioners' Office
In-Home Services

We provide services that promote independent living and aging in place such as: 

  • Homemaker
  • Personal Care
  • Assisted Transportation
  • Respite for Caregivers
  • Veteran Directed Care Program

Some services have waitlists. Please call 406-758-5730 for more information.

Agency on Aging

Page Last Updated: Dec 15, 2022