Stage 2 Fire Restrictions In Effect for Flathead County
Flathead County Commissioners have voted to declare Stage 2 fire restrictions in Flathead County.
The following acts or uses are prohibited. Please refer to the Resolution document for more details, available to download below.
- Building, maintaining, attending, or using a fire or campfire.
- Smoking, except within an enclosed vehicle or building, a developed recreation site, or while stopped in an area at least three feet in diameter that is barren or cleared of all flammable materials.
- The following acts are prohibited from 1:00 p.m. to 1:00 a.m.:
- a. Logging operations
- b. Outdoor welding, operating acetylene or other torch with open flame, or any other activity creating a fire hazard unless in an area at least 10 feet in diameter that is barren or cleared of all flammable materials or has a method of fire suppression on site.
- c. Using an explosive. A one hour patrol in the work area is required following cessation of all activities as identified in #3 above.
- Operating motorized vehicles off designated roads and trails.
Download Resolution 2407 A