Skip to content


Title Description Department Internal Webpage URL External URL File
Itinerant Vendor

Issued to persons going door-to-door or business-to-business selling their wares, within the County.

  • Cost: $25 every 90 days
Fireworks Vendor

Issued to persons operating a firework stand between the following dates:

  • June 24th through July 5th: $50 per stand
  • December 29th through 31st: $25 per stand
Transient Vendor

Issued to persons selling wares at temporary locations within the County, but outside the City limits.

  • $25/week per location.

Food trucks operating outside of city limits: $25 per week.

Election Information Lookup

Look up election information for properties in Flathead County.

External website about the Election Information Lookup. Opens in a new tab.
Travel Immunizations

Meet with one of our travel nurses for a specialized travel consultation before you on your trip outside of the United States. Depending on your destination, you may need vaccinations to help protect you from food, waterborne, and insect-borne diseases that are common in certain countries.

Some of the vaccinations provided include:

  • Yellow Fever
  • Typhoid
  • Japanese encephalitis
  • Meningitis
  • Hepatitis A & B
  • Tetanus

Please bring a copy of your travel itinerary to your appointment so that the nurse can help determine which vaccines you should receive.

Web page about the Travel Immunizations.
Hospital Delays Reporting

Please fill out this form if the transfer of care at the hospital is greater than 10 minutes.

External website about the Hospital Delays Reporting. Opens in a new tab.
Concealed Weapons Permit

Please note that to be eligible for a Flathead County Concealed Weapons Permit, you must first be a Montana resident for six (6) months and you must currently reside in Flathead County.

Office walk-ins are welcome for new and renewal applications on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10 am - 2 pm and by appointment on Wednesdays from 9 am - 3 pm.

Sheriff’s Office
External website about the Concealed Weapons Permit. Opens in a new tab.
Healthy Montana Families

Professional, trained parent educators partner with parents and/or parents-to-be to meet the needs and goals of the family, connect the family to community resources, and promote the physical and emotional health of the child and family.

  • 2021 Referral Form (See attachment)
  • Insurance during your pregnancy and beyond
  • Prenatal development education
  • Breastfeed/nutritional education and resources
  • Labor and delivery education
  • Postpartum education and Infant care
  • “Baby-proofing” your home and safety information
  • Developmental milestones
    • Language
    • Motor skills
    • Social-emotional
    • Cognitive
  • Fun developmentally appropriate activities for all ages
  • Activities to support positive sibling interactions
  • School readiness activities to get your child off to the best start
  • Connecting you with other available community resources
Community Health
Web page about the Healthy Montana Families.
File about the Healthy Montana Families. Opens in a new tab.
Form PPB-8 Property Tax Assistance

Provided by the   Montana Department of Revenue

  • Apply by April 15
External website about the Form PPB-8 Property Tax Assistance. Opens in a new tab.
Voter Registration

Registering to vote in Flathead County is simple and quick.

You may:

  • Visit our office located at 290 B North Main St, Kalispell, MT 59901 (Formerly the Centurytel Building) on weekdays between the hours of 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
  • Fill out a Voter Registration Form available on this site or at many local government agencies.
  • Fill out a Voter Registration Form when you apply for or renew your Driver's License.

For regular registration, your voter registration form must be postmarked or received by the Election Department at least 30 days before the election.

For late registration (anytime after the close of regular registration, until 12:00 noon the day before Election Day), you must appear in person at the Election Department up to and including election day, fill out a voter registration card, and vote a ballot that you receive from the election office staff.

Web page about the Voter Registration.
File about the Voter Registration. Opens in a new tab.
Building Rental

Rent a building in the fairgrounds

Web page about the Building Rental.
Air Quality Complaints

Report an air quality complaint (i.e. fugitive dust, burning prohibited materials, open burning during restricted times, etc.)

Environmental Health
External website about the Air Quality Complaints. Opens in a new tab.
Land Value Property Tax Assistance

Residential property owners whose land value is disproportionately higher than the value of their home and other improvements (outbuildings) location on their land may apply for tax assistance. The assistance benefit applies to the portion of the property owner's land value that is in excess of 150 percent of the department's appraised market value of the home and other improvements located on the land.

Submit this form, including all supporting documentation to your local Department of Revenue field office by March 1st.

External website about the Land Value Property Tax Assistance. Opens in a new tab.
Alcohol Sales Service Training

Responsible alcohol sales and service training are mandatory in the state of Montana. Liquor license holders must ensure that all employees who serve or sell alcohol, their immediate supervisor, and the licensee if they serve or sell themselves, are trained through a state-approved training provider.

Population Health
Web page about the Alcohol Sales Service Training.
Rural Special Improvement District (RSID)

Rural Special Improvement District (RSID)

Commissioners' Office
Early Literacy Classes

Sing, dance, read, and explore in fun and interactive classes for babies, toddlers, and preschoolers that help prepare them for future learning success. Hands-on activities to follow storytime. Especially for children 0-5 and their grown-ups. Available in Bigfork, Columbia Falls, and Kalispell.

External website about the Early Literacy Classes. Opens in a new tab.
Adult Sports Programs

Softball, Football, Basketball, and Volleyball

Parks & Recreation
Web page about the Adult Sports Programs.
File about the Adult Sports Programs. Opens in a new tab.
T-Ball for Ages 4-8

Spring (April-May) on Mondays and/or Thursdays.
Summer (June-July) on Mondays.

  • Ages 4-5: $50.00
  • Ages 6-8: $50.00 
Parks & Recreation
Air Quality Recording

The 2.5 PM monitor located in Columbia Falls reports air quality in near real-time. Download the PDF for activity recommendations for each air quality category.

Environmental Health
External website about the Air Quality Recording. Opens in a new tab.
File about the Air Quality Recording. Opens in a new tab.
Children's Advocacy Center

The Child Advocacy Center (CAC) allows the capability for centralized services. Children receive forensic interviews and forensic medical exams at the CAC in a child-friendly environment. The CAC utilizes a Multidisciplinary Team to provide comprehensive services to victims of child abuse.

Sheriff’s Office
External website about the Children's Advocacy Center. Opens in a new tab.

Page Last Updated: Dec 15, 2022