Alerts and Updates
What We Do:
Healthy Montana Families is the program for you. We are a collaboration between the Flathead City-County Health Department, Northwest Montana Head Start, the Nurturing Center and Sunburst Community Services Foundation aimed at building on parent and family strengths. Professional, trained parent educators partner with parents and/or parents-to-be to meet the needs and goals of the family, connect the family to community resources, and promote the physical and emotional health of the child and family
For more information contact Karen Weaver at 406-751-8120.
How We Can Assist:
- 2021 Referral Form
- Insurance during your pregnancy and beyond
- Prenatal development education
- Breastfeed/nutritional education and resources
- Labor and delivery education
- Postpartum education and Infant care
- “Baby-proofing” your home and safety information
- Developmental milestones
- Motor skills
- Fun developmentally appropriate activities for all ages
- Activities to support positive sibling interactions
- School readiness activities to get your child off to the best start
- Connecting you with other available community resources
We provide services to moms, dads, grandparents, teen parents, foster parents, and anyone caring for a child prenatal up to age 6 utilizing the Parents as Teachers and SafeCare evidence-based models for parenting education.
Maternal and Child Health Services
Services providing core maternal and child health services to pregnant women, nonpregnant women of childbearing age, infants younger than one year of age, children and adolescents under age 22 or children with special health care needs. Parent Educators will connect the family to community resources, and promote the physical and emotional health of the child and family.
Staff is able to assist you by referring you to available insurance programs if you do not have insurance. Insurances can be billed for services received. All families will be provided with services regardless of insurance or ability to pay.
Kalispell, MT 59901
1035 1st Ave West
Kalispell, MT 59901
+1 (406) 751-8110
+1 (866) 380-1740