PLEASE NOTE - WE ARE TEMPORARILY LOCATED AT THE COUNTY FAIRGROUNDS' COUNTRY FAIR KITCHEN BUILDING UNTIL NOVEMBER 30, 2012.
In order to vote in Flathead County elections, you must:
- Be 18 years old or older on or before the next election.
- Be a citizen of the United States.
- Have resided in Montana and Flathead County for at least 30 days.
- Be registered to vote.
You will not be allowed to vote if:
- You're a convicted felon serving a sentence in a penal institution
- You've been judged in a court of law to be of unsound mind.
How to Register
Registering to vote in Flathead County is simple and quick.
- Visit our office located in the Old Courthouse on weekdays between the hours of 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. except as noted above..
- Fill out a Voter Registration Form available on this site or at many local government agencies.
- Fill out a Voter Registration Form when you apply or renew your Driver's License.
For regular registration, your voter registration form must be postmarked or received by the Election Department at least 30 days before the election.
For late registration (anytime after the close of regular registration), you must appear in person at the Election Department up to and including election day, fill out a voter registration card, and vote a ballot that you receive from the election office staff.
In order to receive an absentee ballot, a voter must apply through the Flathead County Election Department. A voter may request a ballot for just the upcoming current election by completing an Application for Absentee Ballot or sign up for the Annual Absentee List and receive ballots for all elections during the current calendar year.
Either application may be mailed to:
Flathead County Election Department
800 S Main - Rm 115
Kalispell, MT 59901
Application must be made by noon the day before the election.
Once the ballot has been voted, be sure to sign the affirmation on the envelope before sending it back or dropping it off. IMPORTANT: The person to whom the ballot was issued must sign the affirmation on the return envelope.