NEW & CHANGING VOTER REGISTRATION
- If you are new to Montana/Flathead County or need to update your voter information for Flathead County, you will need to complete a Voter Registration Application.
- Complete all sections marked with an asterisk*.
- Complete section 9 if you were previously registered in another state, county, or if your name has changed from a previous registration in Montana.
- The application can be emailed, mailed, or dropped off at the county election office. Please note election specific registration changes by visiting our Upcoming Elections Page.
- You can verify the current information for your voter record at My Voter Page.
ABSENTEE BALLOT INFORMATION
- Fill out an Application for Absentee Ballot to have ballots for which you are eligible automatically mailed to you.
- An application may be mailed or dropped off at the county election office.
- Applications must be received by the county election office by noon the day before the election. If you drop off the application you will be able to pick up the absentee ballot at the same time, once ballots are available.
- After voting the absentee ballot, return in the envelope(s) provided. READ INSTRUCTIONS INCLUDED WITH THE BALLOT CAREFULLY.
- Be sure to sign the affirmation on the signature envelope before sending back or dropping off. Note: The person to whom the ballot was issued must be the person signing the return envelope.
- You can track your absentee ballot for federal/state elections at My Voter Page
REQUESTING VOTER DOCUMENTATION
- Complete the Request for Voter Documentation form to receive a new voter confirmation card or proof of registration for Flathead County.
- The form can be emailed, mailed, or dropped off in person at the county election office.
- Copies of these documents can be emailed but the originals will be mailed.
CANCELING VOTER REGISTRATION
- Complete the Request for Removal form if you would like to cancel your voter registration for Flathead County.
- The form must be completed by the voter. Power of Attorney documentation does not apply to election materials.
- The form can be submitted to our office by email, mail, or dropping it off.