Fire Service Area
LOCATION: 625 Timberwolf Parkway, Kalispell
To save lives, prevent injury, and protect property and the environment by taking reasonable and affordable measures to mitigate, prepare for, respond to and recover from disasters.
The Flathead County Fire Service Area is responsible for providing structure fire protection in rural areas of Flathead County that do not fall into a designated fire district. This service is provided by contracting with the closest existing fire districts.
The Fire Service area was created by the Board of County Commissioners Resolution 2166 under provisions of Section 7-33-2401, MCA on February 11, 2002.
The Fire Service Area Board was established on May 1, 2007 and is composed of members, appointed by the Board of County Commissioners, as follows:
- one resident from the North Fork Fire Service area
- one resident from the Middle Fork Fire Service area
- one resident from the Fire Service Area west of Kalispell
- one resident of Flathead County at large
- and one resident of Flathead County active in a current firefighting role