WIC (Women, Infant, Children)
- Monday 8:00am to 6:00pm
- Tuesday - Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm
Purpose of WIC
WIC is a special supplemental nutrition program for women, infants and children. It provides short-term, low-cost, preventative health services to families who are at risk due to nutrition related health conditions
What WIC Offers
- Nutrition screening, education, and counseling to improve eating habits and reduce nutrition related issues
- Access to preventative health programs and community referrals to private and public health providers
- Specific supplemental foods to provide the nutrients necessary during critical times of growth and development
Nutrition Education Counseling Includes
- Pregnancy and post-partum nutrition
- Breastfeeding support and education
- Infant and Child feeding practices
- Nutrition classes and online education
Examples of documentation you can provide:
Proof of ID: Drivers’s license, birth certificate, Social Security Card, Tribal ID, current pay stubs, insurance card, voter registration card, work ID).
Proof of all household income: (pay stubs from most current 30 days, prior year tax return, Medicaid or SNAP card, if applicable).
Proof of current residency: any document (mailed or Printed) with a current physical address (e.g. utility bill, rent receipt/agreement, landlord statement, mortgage bill with current physical address, current pay stubs, bank statement, credit card statement or 3rd party verifier).
For more information, please visit the official MT WIC Website at WIC (mt.gov)
WIC supports breastfeeding! We have two certified lactation counselors on our team, Stephanie and Jennifer, who are available to provide support in the following areas:
- Latch issue
- Low milk supply
- Pumps and milk storage guidance
- Returning to work or school
For more information please call 406-499-2117.
Other Breastfeeding Resources: