I would like more information about...
- Resolutions & Ordinances
- Board Appointments
- County Budget Issues
- Legislative Issues
- Opening and Awarding of Bids
- Public Hearings
- Purchase & Sale of County Property
- Subdivision/Certificates of Survey Review
- Zoning Issues and Review
- Lakeshore Application Review
- Rural Special Improvement Districts (RSID)
- Revocation of Agricultural Covenants
- Road, Alley, or Street Abandonments
- Tax Incentive Applications
- Speed Limit Requests
- Indigent Burial Funding
- Raffle Permits
- Fire District Annexation
- Property Tax Appeal
Flathead County currently has 9 Ordinances:
Ordinance #1 - Ordinance Organization
Ordinance #2 - Dissemination of Obscene Material
Ordinance #3 - Animal Control
Ordinance #4 - Park Rule Enforcement
Ordinance #5 - Phosphorus Cleaning Compound Ban
Ordinance #6 - Control of Community Decay
Ordinance #7 - Speed Limits
Ordinance #8 - Litter
Ordinance #9 - Regulation of Pawnbroker Activities
A completed application must be received at the Commissioners Office prior to burial or cremation and must meet indigent criteria.
Deceased must be a resident of Flathead County.
Please contact the Commissioners Office (phone: 758-5503) or contact the funeral home for an indigent burial application. When submitting an application you must also submit the statement cost from the funeral home.
We do not pay for funeral services, graveside services, memorial services, embalming, transportation of remains, caskets, urns, etc. There is a flat fee paid for either cremation or burial. Contact the Commissioners Office to obtain more information.
The form for requesting a property tax appeal hearing with the County Tax Appeal Board can be found by clicking here.
Raffle permit forms can be downloaded here.
1. There is no fee.
2. Non-profit organizations are exempt from the raffle permit process.
3. The permit must be filled in and returned to the Commissioners Office for approval.
4. The second page of the permit must be filled in and returned to the Commissioners Office within 30 days of the raffle date.
Please make an appointment through email or call ahead before arriving to ensure the commissioner you wish to speak with is available.
Resolution 476C outlines the required items needed to submit Tax Incentive Requests.
The resolution can be found by clicking here.
Page Last Updated: Sep 6, 2022