In-Home Care and Community Resources
Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About In-Home Care & Community Resources
Eligibility & Cost for Services
We provide programs and services to Flathead County residents aged 60 or older and to their caregivers. We can also help you connect with services and benefits provided by other organizations. Give us a call or send us an email to get started!
Individuals are invited, but not required, to donate to help cover the cost of the services they receive.
We are here to support family caregivers! We offer services and support such as respite through in-home care. Respite provides relief for the caregiver of an older person at home. We also offer information and assistance to caregivers, including a list of local support groups on our Caregiver Corner page. Caregiver Corner :: Flathead County (mt.gov)
This is a service that provides the homebound (persons unable to leave their home without assistance) with hot, nutritious noon meals delivered by volunteers Monday through Friday. Special diets such as diabetic, low cholesterol or other special needs may be accommodated.
Please call for reservations: 406-758-5711
State Health Insurance Program (SHIP)
Assistance with Medicare/Medicaid and supplemental insurance. We help with finding the best Part D (prescription) plan to meet your needs.
Senior Medicare Patrol (SMP)
This is a project that recruits volunteers to learn about the Medicare system and teaches beneficiaries how to read their insurance statements. This program is meant to help fight fraud, waste, and abuse in the insurance field.
Advocacy for all residents of long-term care facilities (nursing homes and assisted living facilities), assisting them in resolving problems or complaints. The program serves to monitor the quality of care and life for residents of long-term care facilities. For more information call 406-758-5730.
We provide balanced lunch meals in our spacious dining room at the Agency on Aging at 40 11th Street West in Kalispell. These meals offer seniors an opportunity to have a mid-day balanced meal and to visit with friends and neighbors. For 60+ we ask for a donation of $4. For guests under 60 years of age, the cost for lunch is $8.
Current Status of Office Hours and Services
- Our offices are open to the public. However, we are asking that clients call ahead for an appointment. Where possible we will continue to provide information and assistance by phone for your convenience. To make an appointment or ask questions please call us at 758-5730.
- Our Medicare 101 class is available in video format on our website: click here. For questions please call 758-5730
- The AOA dining room is open Covid-related safety protocols in place. Reservations are not required. We are continuing to deliver Meals on Wheels and are offering take-home frozen meals. For more information call 758-2474 or click here.
- Most area senior centers have re-opened for onsite dining and they continue to deliver Meals on Wheels in their local communities. They may also have restarted some social activities. Please contact the center in your area for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most current information on Flathead County Public Transportation service and bus schedules click here.