HOW TO REGISTER
Registering to vote in Flathead County is simple and quick.
- Visit our office located at 290 B North Main Street on weekdays between the hours of 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Fill out a Voter Registration Form available on this site or at many local government agencies.
- Fill out a Voter Registration Form when you apply or renew your Driver's License.
For regular registration, your voter registration form must be postmarked or received by the Election Department at least 30 days before the election.
For late registration (any time after the close of regular registration until Election Day) you must appear in person at the Election Department up to and including Election Day, fill out a voter registration card, and vote a ballot that you receive from the election office staff.
In order to receive an absentee ballot, a voter must apply through the Flathead County Election Department. A voter may request a ballot for just the upcoming current election by completing an Application for Absentee Ballot and receive ballots for all elections during the current calendar year.
Application may be mailed to:
Flathead County Election Department
290 B North Main Street
Kalispell, MT 59901
The application must be made by noon the day before the election.
Once the ballot has been voted, be sure to sign the affirmation on the envelope before returning it to the election office or dropping it off.
The person to whom the ballot was issued must sign the affirmation on the return envelope.
ACCEPTABLE FORMS OF ID
All voters are required to show one form of identification at the polls on Election Day.
Acceptable forms are:
- Montana Driver's License
- School District or Postsecondary Education Photo ID
- Military Identification Card
- Tribal Photo Identification Card
- United States Passport
- Montana Concealed Carry Permit.
- Current utility bill, bank statement, paycheck, government check, or other government documents that show the individual's name and current address AND any form of photo ID showing the elector's name.