Flying our Flags

Department Details:

935 1st Ave West

Kalispell, MT 59901


Adele Krantz



Tricia Haverkorn


Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.


935 1st Avenue West, Kalispell, Courthouse West

(Formerly known as the Blue Building.)

The Flathead County Accounting Department assists in the issuing of a variety of business licenses including the following:

Liquor License

Establishments must register with the State of Montana first at (406) 444-6900. Fee is based on the determination of the State and is paid to both the State and the County.

Transient Vendor

Issued to persons selling wares at temporary locations within the County, but outside the City limits. Cost: $25.00/week per location

Itinerant Vendor

Issued to persons going door-to-door or business-to-business selling their wares, within the County. Cost: $25.00/90 days

Fireworks Vendor

Issued to persons operating a fireworks stand between the dates of 6/24 - 7/5. Cost: $50.00 per stand

Note: Business licenses for individuals operating from a permanent location or individuals seeking to obtain a Tax ID# should contact the State of Montana Department of Revenue at (406) 444-3665.