SCHOOL CLOSURE INFORMATION FOR 2014-2015
Flathead County school districts collaborated on the following procedures:
- The individual high school districts (Bigfork, Columbia Falls, Kalispell, Whitefish) will make the final decision about school closure due to inclement weather.
- Rural elementary districts close in conjunction with their high school district.
- Rural elementary districts may close independently of their high school depending on local conditions.
- Since there are 23 school districts, when closure decisions are made, or bus route changes occur, the County Superintendent is informed as early as possible. The County Superintendent then notifies the predetermined media outlets, which are Bee Broadcasting and KOFI.
- School closure must factor in several variables. Parents ALWAYS retain the right to do what they feel best for their own children.