Information will be posted and linked as it becomes available
Please check the appropriate agenda under Calendar of Events for the order in which the files will be reviewed at the meetings.
Flathead County Planning Board
March 12, 2014
David and Deanna Gray: A Zone Change request in the Bigfork Zoning District by David & Deanna Gray. The proposal would change the zoning on approximately 19.9 acres from SAG-10 (Suburban Agricultural) to SAG-5 (Suburban Agricultural). The property is located at 358 Fern Lane.
Posted information 2/24/14 @ 3:19 pm, linked information 2/27/14 @ 2:52 pm
Blackwood: A request by Dr. Mark Lorang on behalf of Rick and Robin Blackwood for a Major Lakeshore Variance to the fill standards of Flathead County Lake and Lakeshore Protection Regulations (FCLR), specifically Sections 4.3F(2)(h)(2), 4.3F(2)(h)(5), & 4.3F(2)(h)(6). Seeking to place 4 to 6 feet of fill at 1465 cubic yards per 400 lineal feet to protect the shoreline and a dock from erosion due to wind and wave action, the applicants are requesting a variance from the regulations because fill is not permitted in sites subject to strong wave action, and a variance to the FCLR is also necessary to permit more than 4 to 6 inches of fill and a volume of fill exceeding 1 cubic yard per 16 lineal feet of shoreline. The subject property is located at 240 Holt Drive.
Posted information 2/24/14 @ 3:19 pm, linked information 2/27/14 @ 2:56 pm
February 12 , 2014
Glacier International Business Park: A request by Bill Reddig with technical assistance from Montana Mapping Associates, Inc. for Preliminary Plat approval of Glacier International Business Park, a 10 lot commercial Major Subdivision located in the southwest corner formed by Birch Grove Road and US Highway 2 intersection. Primary access to the subdivision would be provided to all lots from internal roads approaching onto both Birch Grove and US Highway 2, and all lots would be served by an onsite drainfield and a combination of individual and shared wells and an existing public water supply system as approved by MDEQ.
Posted and attached information 12/30/13 @ 12:15 pm, posted cancellation @ 1:25 pm, reposted 1/22/14, linked staff report 1/23/14 @ 2:22 pm, linked updated staff report 2/24/14 @ 3:07 pm
Eagle Creek LLC-Stephen Isley: A Zone Change request in the Blanchard Lake Zoning District by Eagle Creek, LLC. The proposal would change the zoning on 39.8 acres from AG-20 (Agricultural) to SAG-10 (Suburban Agricultural). The property is located at 125 Studebaker Lane.
Posted 1/22/14, linked application and site map 1/24/14 @ 2:51 pm - linked staff report 1/27/14 @ 2:15 pm (updated 1/28/14 @ 9:30 am)
Various Text Amendments: A request by the Flathead County Planning Board for ten amendments to the text of the Flathead County Zoning Regulations (regulations) to improve the practicality of administration and enforcement of the regulations. The general character of the specific proposed amendments is:
1. Add ‘Cellular Tower’ to the list of conditional uses as an administrative conditional use in the ‘NF North Fork’ zoning district Section 3.40.030 because Section 3.40.040(7) currently states, ‘Cellular Tower – Administrative Conditional Use Permit’ and ‘Cellular Tower’ was not previously listed as a conditional use. CLICK HERE
2. Clarify the use of livestock in Agricultural and Suburban Agricultural zoning districts, amend the regulations by adding ‘Livestock’ to the list of permitted use in AG-80, AG-40, AG-20, SAG-10 and SAG-5 zoning districts, found in Sections 3.04, 3.05, 3.06, 3.07 and 3.08 because livestock is listed as a permitted use in R-1 and R-2.5 but not listed in AG and SAG zones. CLICK HERE
3. Clarify the use of stables, public versus private in Agricultural and Suburban Agricultural zoning districts, amend the regulations by removing ‘Stable’ from ‘Stable, riding academy, rodeo arena’ and adding ‘Stable, public and private’ to the list of permitted use in AG-80, AG-40, AG-20, SAG-10 and SAG-5 zoning districts, found in Sections 3.04, 3.05, 3.06, 3.07 and 3.08. CLICK HERE
4. Changes to restrictions on timing of posting of political signs on all private property in Section 5.11.010(8) based on court decisions regarding political signs. The size of a sign can be regulated but the duration of a sign cannot be regulated. CLICK HERE
5. Regarding ‘Street and Roadway Standards,’ amend the regulations by striking the reference to ‘Approach Standards for Montana Highways’ in Section 6.16.010 and replacing it with ‘Montana Department of Transportation or Flathead County Road and Bridge Department’ because the regulations currently reference highway standards but access to a lot may not be via a highway. CLICK HERE
6. Regarding ‘Increase yard requirements,’ amend the regulations by striking the reference to County Master Plan or City-County Master Plan found in Sections 3.04.040(3)(D), 3.05.040(3)(D), 3.06.040(3)(D), 3.07.040(3)(D), 3.08.040(3)(D), 3.09.040(3)(D), 3.10.040(3)(D), 3.11.040(3)(D), 3.12.040(3)(D), 3.13.040(3)(D), 3.14.040(3)(D), 3.15.040(3)(D), 3.16.040(4)(C), 3.17.040(3)(C), 3.18.040(4)(C), 3.19.040(4)(C), 3.20.040(4)(E), 3.21.040(4)(C), 3.22.040(4)(C), 3.27.040(3)(C), 3.29.040(3)(C), and 3.30.040(3)(C), and replacing it with Flathead County Road Classification Map because the map is the most up to date road classification for the County. CLICK HERE
7. Regarding reference to ‘Master Plan’ in Sections 1.02.010, 2.02.040, 3.01.010, 3.31.023(3)(A) and 3.39.110, amend the regulations by striking all reference to ‘Master Plan’ and replacing it with ‘Growth Policy’ because the Flathead County Growth Policy has replaced the Flathead County Master Plan. CLICK HERE
8. Regarding conditional use standards and the definition of a ‘Caretaker’s Facility,’ amend the regulations by striking ‘principal dwelling’ and replacing it with ‘principal use’ in Section 4.04.010 and 7.04.025 because there are other uses besides dwelling that could require a caretaker. CLICK HERE
9. Regarding performance standards for a ‘Caretaker’s Facility,’ amend the regulations by striking all references to deed restrictions in Section 4.04.010(4), based on the Planning Board’s request to staff to remove the deed restriction at a Planning Board workshop on August 28, 2013. CLICK HERE
10. Regarding ‘Setbacks’ in Residential Clustering, amend the regulations by striking ‘at least 40 feet from any other boundary of the “parent” tract or adjacent property(ies);’ and replacing it with ‘otherwise conform to the minimum setbacks of the district;’ in Sections 3.04.040(3), 3.05.040(3), 3.06.040(3), 3.07.040(3), 3.08.040(3) and 5.09.030(7) based on the Planning Board’s request to staff to reduce the ‘setback’ requirement at a Planning Board workshop on August 28, 2013. CLICK HERE
Posted 1/22/14, attached information 1/24/14 @ 2:51 pm - linked staff report 1/29/14 @ 12:00 pm
Flathead County Board of Adjustment
March 4 , 2014
Sandra Dorsett: A request by Sandra Dorsett, for a Conditional Use Permit to establish an ‘Animal hospital, veterinary clinic’ on a lot located in the Evergreen Zoning District and zoned ‘B-2 (General Business)/Evergreen Enterprise Overlay’. The property is located at 2209 U.S. Highway 2 East.
Posted 2/10/14, attached information 2/12/14 @ 2:59 pm
Kent & Monette Lembke: A request by Kenton & Monette Lembke for a Conditional Use Permit to establish a ‘Camp and retreat center’ on a lot located in the Bigfork Zoning District and zoned AG-40 (Agricultural). The property is located at 775 Three Eagle Lane in Bigfork. POSTPONED This agenda item will be reviewed by the Bigfork Land Use Advisory Committee (BLUAC) on Thursday, February 27, 2014 @ 4:00 p.m. at Bethany Lutheran Church, 8559 Highway 35 in Bigfork.
Posted and Application and site map attached 2/10/14 @ 2:38 pm, attached staff report 2/12/14 @ 3:01 pm, postponed 2/24/14