Operation of the outdoor air quality program includes collecting data from monitoring sites in Kalispell, Whitefish and Columbia Falls and administering the Flathead County Air Pollution Control Program. This program regulates open burning during those times of the year when it is allowed and issues daily burning restrictions based on data received from the monitoring sites and ventilation forecast. Also, within the Control Districts of Kalispell, Whitefish and Columbia Falls, paving and dust mitigation of high volume traffic areas is required.
- The indoor air quality program provides radon test kits ($5) as well as radon information to the community. Information is provided to individuals who are interested in testing their homes, reducing radon levels in their homes and constructing homes that resist radon accumulation.
- Burning Restrictions/Air quality
- Montana DEQ-Smoke Updates-Current Air Quality Updates from around the state
- 2009 Sanding Materials letter
- Flathead Health County Air Pollution Control Program and City Air Pollution Control Districts
- Flathead Valley Impact Zone (jpg) or
- Flathead Valley Impact Zone (pdf)
- Air Quality Categories Explained
- Healthy Indoor Air for America's Homes
- National Weather Services (Missoula)
- MT Air Quality