District Court Judges


Law and Motion: Uncontested hearing days and times for the judges are on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday mornings at 8:30 and 8:45 depending on which court.

Child Support Payments for any case must be made payable to the payee and mailed to the Clerk of Court as follows:
Payee's name
% Clerk of Court
920 South Main, Ste 300
Kalispell MT 59901

Notary: Services are provided with appropriate photo identification. There is a charge of $1.00 per Notary seal.

Searches: Names can be searched on all public matters: civil, criminal (felony), probate, and divorce records. Search fees are $2.00 per year, per name for seven years and $1.00 per year, per name each year thereafter. The charge for photocopies is $1.00 per page for he first ten pages and $.50 each thereafter. Certifications are an additional $2.00 per document. Copies of marriage licenses are $5.00 each.

Copies of decrees of dissolution are $10.00 each. Send your search request in detail (full names, dates, case type), identify the information needed (copies, certifications, etc) and a check or money order to cover cost of searches, copies, certifications, etc. and a check or money order to cover costs plus postage for return mail. You may send a blank signed check with a note in memo *Not to exceed $25.00*, or send a check in a certain amount and we will issue a refund check for any overage.

Genealogy Searches: Naturalization records up to 1980 are on file at this office. Marriage licenses, divorce, probate, and wills are on file from 1893 to present. (Records dated prior to 1893 are on file with Missoula County.) Birth and death records are available at the Clerk and Recorder.

Filing Pleadings: Civil (minimum amount of loss must be $7,000), dissolution (divorce), probate, felony criminal, juvenile records and lower court appeals are public records. Confidential filings include dependant and neglected children and adoption cases. (facsimiles and photocopies are not acceptable)

We are restricted by law from providing legal advice. Please contact an attorney licensed by the State of Montana, or check state statutes located at the Flathead County Library.